Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Beach Trip Mermaid

green crafts for children, beach fun

We're at the beach this week celebrating Little J's 8th birthday and the 50th wedding anniversary of my wonderful in laws.  It's also our last fling with summer before school starts.

We've enjoyed this time with our family.  My kids are the youngest grandchildren in my husband's family.  They look up to their cousins and love, love the extra attention.  My sweet nieces made this mermaid in the sand with Sassyfras.  Isn't it great?!  My oldest niece is pretty artistic and did the design.  They used the darker, crushed shells to "color" the mermaid and some shells for the crown.  Too bad it washed away with the next tide!

Green crafts for kids


Photobucket Pin It

Linking to:  TGIF!, Red Ted Art's Blog

8 comments :

Carolyn said...

Wow- your niece certainly is talented! What a fun way to play in the sand.

Christy said...

Wow!!!!!!!! That is beautiful. So glad you got pictures before it washed away.

Raising a Happy Child said...

Very pretty! Enjoy the last hurray before school starts.

Lindsay said...

aww what a fun activity to do with older cousins! It turned out great! I hope you had a great beach trip before school started! We leave for the beach a week from tomorrow!

Ashley said...

Beautiful! Visiting from TGIF.

Sherri said...

That is one detailed mermaid!!! Its' beautiful!!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

This is very cool!!!

maggy, red ted art said...

I my goodness, I LOVE your mermaid. She is BEAUTIFUL. What a wonderful art activity at the beach.

Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy